PhD Course (2021), 7.5 HEC (7.5 higher education credits) Industrial participants in the aerospace industry (diploma course)
November 8th-9th and 22th-23th; December 13th
See the detailed schedule in the course syllabus (PDF).
- Engineering Design and Optimization- How can optimization support the design process?
- Optimization methods – from traditional gradient based methods to non-gradient methods such as the Complex method, Genetic Algorithms and Particle Swarm Optimization.
- Multi-objective optimization – How to handle problems with several conflicting objectives.
- Handling of constraints via penalty functions.
- Surrogate Models – How to use Design of Experiments and Surrogate Models to reduce the optimization time.
- Post-optimization analysis – How to choose a solution from a large pool of optimal solutions.
- Application examples where modelling, simulation and optimization are used to solve real world industrial problems.
Please find the complete course description with more details, registration and the detailed schedule in the course syllabus (PDF).