The vision of SARC is:
To be the leading Network of Aerospace researchers in Sweden, fostering collaboration among researchers and graduate students, influencing aeronautics policy and facilitate funding for fundamental aerospace research
The Swedish Aerospace Research Center (SARC) has been created to encourage national coordination and alignment of academic research in aeronautics, in response to globalisation with increased international competition and also collaboration.
SARC will stimulate basic research in aeronautics and act as an academic counterpart to industry, to ensure a balance between industrial and academic interests. SARC will act as an academic hub and network for aerospace through e.g. a graduate school for Ph.D. students, organisation of seminars and conferences, and as a meeting place for academia and industry. It will also actively encourage and facilitate collaboration with strategic international partners.
Research projects in collaboration with Brazilian researchers receiving support from NFFP or Vinnova will be an important part of the centre in line with the national strategies of both Swedish and Brazilian governments. SARC should be an important actor in the development of these strategies. Research collaboration with other prioritised countries can also be included in the centre in a similar way.
- facilitate collaboration between researchers in aerospace nationally through activities such as graduate schools, annual conferences and workshops, in particular both academic and industry researchers involved in the NFFP7 program;
- jointly act as a strong player internationally, positioning SARC with regard to the EU Framework Program and other international research initiatives;
- be a strong player towards priority countries for aerospace research cooperation such as Brazil, Great Britain,Germany and, in the long run, France and the United States;
- facilitate competence in the aerospace sector, including strategic aspects of graduate and undergraduate education;
- have a clear communicable view on how to deal with the environmental aspect of aviation, aligned with the ACARE 2050 goals.
Research is the core of SARC, dealing with the national and international research, collaborations, industry cooperation and independent research.
A Postgraduate Research School for all Swedish Ph.D. Students within the Aerospace Sector / NFFP Research Projects.
SARC’s intention is to intensify international research relations with strategic partner countries. SARC acts as a central office for participants searching for contacts for future collaborations and research applications.