SARC Annual Meeting, 24th-25th August 2022, Kiruna (Technical visit prel. ESRANGE or EISCAT3D 26th August)
August 24 @ 09:00 – August 26 @ 12:00
Welcome to the SARC Annual Meeting 2022!
This year we are hosted at the Luleå University of Technology (LTU) at its Space Campus in Kiruna. Join us to the North of Sweden to Kiruna for three days full of presentations, networking and technical (space) visits! As always, we especially welcome all SARC, NFFP7 and Graduate School of Space Technology PhD students to present their ongoing work in a short presentation.
Programme at a glance:
- 24 – 25 August, SARC Annual Meeting, Space Campus LTU, Kiruna
- 26 August Technical Visit to the ESRANGE Space Center, Kiruna and/or the new EISCAT3D, Abisko.
Detailed Programme (subject to change)
DAY 1 – Aug 24 – Wednesday
- Arrival: light lunch “to grab” between 12-14.10 with sandwiches & fruits, coffee/tea at Space Campus upon arrival from train station or airport – (please note: train/flight taxi needs reservation)
- 14.15 Conference start
- Welcome to Kiruna, LTU Space Campus
- SARC Graduate School: Petter Krus, professor LiU
- Graduate School of Space Technology: Marta-Lena Antti, professor LTU
- Space Campus: René Laufer, professor LTU
- 14.30 Program Part I (6-8 PhD project presentations*)
- 16.00 Refreshments (coffee/tea, cake)
- 16.15-18.00 Study visit Space Campus Labs and IRF Space Physics
- 18.35 Bus to Kiruna (new town center)
- 19.00 Dinner at Scandic Kiruna
DAY 2 – Aug 25 – Thursday
- 8.15 Bus to the Campus
- 8.45 Welcome back to Space Campus
- 8.45 Program Part II (6-8 PhD project presentations*)
- 10.15 Refreshments & Networking
- 10.45 Program Part III (4-6 PhD project presentations*)
- 12.00 Upcoming activities and Closing remarks
- 12.15 Lunch Catering from Ripan (at LTU Space Campus)
- (optional) 3:15 Transport to Kiruna Airport
EXTRA Day 2 afternoon
- PhD course Product Innovation for Aerospace Applications (Session 2; start at 13:15)
- Meetings for Graduate School Boards
- Time for extra study visits and meetings
- Time to discover nature or town
- 19.00 Dinner at Camp Ripan
EXTRA Day 3 – Aug 26 – Friday
- 08:00 Technical Visit to the ESRANGE Space Center, Kiruna, and/or the new EISCAT3D, Abisko.
- 12:00 Lunch
- 13:15 Transport to Kiruna Airport
Participation is free of charge for Graduate School of Space Technology, SARC members and NFFP7-related PhD students, supervisors and researchers.
Please register as soon as possible for the event via the registration form (link).
Please observe that there are only a few flights to/from Kiruna available, few hotels, and that train/flight taxi requires reservation. Also, this is the start for the PhD course Product Innovation for Aerospace Applications (description and registration available soon).
Practical Travel Information
Flights are still at low fare (around 1000-1500 SEK oneway) with Norwegian and SAS. Flight times to/from Kiruna are announced as follows (but could be changed) ARN-KRN 12-13.30 (or come the day before, 21.00SAS or earlier), KRN-ARN 14.00 (or 17.10NW or 19.00SAS).
Hotels: Camp Ripan and Kiruna Folkhögskola (with excellent breakfast, both close to nature and the old town center which is now being moved), or the brand New Scandic Kiruna in the new city center.