The SARC kick-off 2018 was a two-day event full of interesting presentations, (panel) discussions and mingling with approx. 110 representatives from academia, research, industry and politics.
Carl Rosén (Director General of the Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation) inaugurated the SARC centre. Further opening ceremony laudation speeches were given by Per-Olof Brehmer (Head of Department IEI/Linköping University), Stefan Andersson (Saab), Patrik Johansson (GKN), Sanna Edlund (Vinnova) and Peter Värbrand (Vice Rector LiU).
The centre’s content and organisation structure were presented by the centre directors Dan Henningson (KTH), Tomas Grönstedt (Chalmers) and Petter Krus (LiU). The importance and future expectations on the SARC centre from the viewpoint of Vinnova was highlighted by Anders Blom (Programme Director, Innovair).
Valuable inputs for the ramp-up of the SARC.Academy Ph.D. school were collected during a panel discussion with Leif Larsson (formal director of the ENDREA forskarskolan). The workshop was closed with a common lunch between the airplanes at the exciting exhibition of the Flygvapenmusem and a technical tour through the Caravelle.
- Innovair’s SARC Vision, Anders Blom, INNOVAIR programme director
- Introduction to the SARC Centre, Prof. Dan Henningson, KTH
- SARC.Academy: National Graduate School for Aeronautics, Prof. Petter Krus, LiU
- Chalmers’s SARC Engagement and Expectations, Prof. Tomas Grönstedt, Chalmers
Swedish Aeronautic Research (Programmes)
- NFFP – The Swedish National Aeronautical Research Programme, Mats-Olof Olsson, Chairman of NFFP
- SARC.International: Collaboration with Brazil, Prof. Emilia Villani, ITA, and Prof. Victor Juliano De Negri, UFSC
Industrial Research Collaboration
- Saab: Research, Cooperation, and Globalisation, Tomas Ireman, Saab
- GKN: Research, Cooperation, and Globalisation, Robert Lundberg, GKN