- This event has passed.
Advanced aeordynamics course
March 27 @ 09:00 - March 31 @ 17:00
Welcome to a course on advanced aerodynamics. This course is given in collaboration with Cranfield University.
Dates and place
The course is given from March 27 to March 31, 2023, and is held in person at the Cranfield University, UK.
The registration fee is £1500. SARC provides scholarship to 10 PhD students, covering their registration fees. In case number of the scholarship applicants exceed 10, selection will be made by the SARC management.
To introduce the techniques and tools for modelling, simulating and analysing realistic computational fluid dynamic problems for industrial scale applications with practical hands on experience of commercial software packages used in industry.
Prof. Karl Jenkins, Prof. Martin Skote, Dr. Laszlo Konozsy, Dr. Panagiotis Tsoutsanis, Dr. Tom Teschner, Dr. Istvan Tamas Josza.
|Module Intended Learning Outcomes||On successful completion of this module a student should be able to: |
1. Have a comprehensive understanding of the Computational Fluid Dynamic Process.
2. Understand the governing equations for fluid flows and how to solve them computationally.
3. Appreciate the wide range of applications using computational fluid dynamics.
4. Undertake pre-processing, processing and post processing techniques using a commercial code for physical fluid flow problems.
5. Enable to evaluate parallel simulations using high performance computing
|Syllabus/Indicative content||Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics |
· Governing equations
· The Computational Engineering Fluid Process
· Fluid Simulation and visualisation techniques
· Turbulence and turbulence modelling techniques
· High performance computing
· Practical session
|Date||March 27||March 28||March 29||March 30||March 31|
|09:00-10:00||Governing Equations||Numerical Methods||Modelling Low Speed Flows||Validation and Verification||High Performance Computing for CFD|
|10:10-11:00||Governing Equations||Numerical Methods||Modelling Low Speed Flows||Turbulence||High Performance Computing for CFD|
|11:10-13:10||Grid Generation||Visualisation and Post-Processing||Modelling High Speed Flows||Turbulence Modelling||Case Studies|
|13.10 – 14:00||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|14:00-15:30||Grid Generation Labs||Lab: FLUENT||Lab: FLUENT||Lab: FLUENT||Discussions & individual problems|
|15:45-16:15||Grid Generation Labs||Lab: FLUENT||Lab: FLUENT||Lab: FLUENT||Lab: FLUENT|
|16:15-17:00||Grid Generation Labs||Lab: FLUENT||Lab: FLUENT||Lab: FLUENT||Lab: FLUENT|